- Purchase a yellow or chocolate cake mix and bake according to the cupcake instructions on the box.
- Let the cupcakes cool completely and then top with white frosting.
- Use tubes of colored icing to draw a necktie onto the cupcakes.
- Decorate the neckties with colored stripes, polka dots and more.
- Get creative with color and consider using blue, yellow or even purple as the background frosting color on your cupcakes.
- Use the color scheme of dad's favorite sports team for added detail.
These terrific necktie Father's Day cupcakes can make the perfect addition for dad's brunch, barbecue or dinner!