Here's my plan:
- Purchase a box of chocolate cupcake mix.
- Bake cupcakes according to box instructions. Let cool.
- Purchase flower candy molds at a craft store along with pink, yellow and purple candy melts.
- Melt the colored baking chips in the microwave and spoon into the flower candy molds. Make an array of colors and place in the freezer for 10 minutes to harden.
- Ice the cupcakes with chocolate or vanilla frosting and dust lightly with green sugar sprinkles. Place a candy flower on each cupcake and serve.
These darling Mother's Day cupcakes are easy and fun to prepare and look especially adorable arranged on a large platter as a one-of-a-kind Mother's Day centerpiece.
Click here for terrific Mother's Day gifts on a budget: http://mybudgetland.blogspot.com/2011/05/terrific-mothers-day-gifts-on-budget.html
For an easy Mother's Day egg casserole click here: http://mybudgetland.blogspot.com/2011/05/mothers-day-recipes-easy-egg-casserole.html