Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Make a Delicious Low Fat Pineapple Cake for $5

Always living on a budget, I pride myself in finding easy and economical recipes.  I especially love recipes with 5 ingredients or less, thus reducing my costs.  So when my mom told me about a pineapple cake that can be made for around $5, I was thrilled!  Throw in the fact that this pineapple cake is delicious AND low-fat and I'm hooked. 

In fact, now this scrumptious pineapple cake is my "go to" dessert in a pinch, because it can be made a day before and takes only 30 minutes to prepare. 

It contains 3 simple ingredients:  a can of crushed pineapple, a container of whipped topping and an angel food cake.  The pineapple and topping can be purchased at Aldi for a dollar or so each, while the angel food cake can be found at just about any large supermarket for around $2.

Here is the simple recipe:
  • Grease a 9 by 13 pan
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  • Pour angel food cake into a large bowl
  • Add can of crushed pineapple undrained and beat with an electric mixer until smooth
  • Spread into the 9 by 13 pan and bake for 25 minutes
  • Let cool completely and frost with whipped topping
  • Serve with a bowl of fresh strawberries (optional)
Here is another fabulous cake recipe on a budget: http://www.ehow.com/how_5956600_make-eclair-cake.html

Click here for a dreamy creamsicle cake recipe:
http://mybudgetland.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2011-08-04T18%3A45%3A00-07%3A00&max-results=3

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love this simple and frugal dessert! So much so, that I added it to my cookbook! =) I've gotten raves about it too. Love all your budget-friendly ideas.

    ReplyDelete