In fact, now this scrumptious pineapple cake is my "go to" dessert in a pinch, because it can be made a day before and takes only 30 minutes to prepare.
It contains 3 simple ingredients: a can of crushed pineapple, a container of whipped topping and an angel food cake. The pineapple and topping can be purchased at Aldi for a dollar or so each, while the angel food cake can be found at just about any large supermarket for around $2.
Here is the simple recipe:
- Grease a 9 by 13 pan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Pour angel food cake into a large bowl
- Add can of crushed pineapple undrained and beat with an electric mixer until smooth
- Spread into the 9 by 13 pan and bake for 25 minutes
- Let cool completely and frost with whipped topping
- Serve with a bowl of fresh strawberries (optional)
Click here for a dreamy creamsicle cake recipe: