I hate to complain, but the above factors make it somewhat difficult to host an outdoor barbecue. So I've come up with an alternate plan that can be enjoyed either indoors OR outdoors and I call it "S'morial Day."
So what is S'morial Day? Well, in our family it's just an excuse to get together on Memorial Day while munching appetizers and s'mores related desserts! I also invite my guests to dress in s'mores colors like beige, brown and white.
And here are some delicious S'morial Day dessert ideas:
- We, of course, serve traditional s'mores and if it's raining outside, we simply wrap our s'mores in foil and bake them in the oven at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Consider a healthier spin on traditional s'mores and use banana disks, instead of marshmallows.
- I also make a s'mores snack mix featuring mini marshmallows, chocolate morsels and Teddy Grahams.
- You can easily make a batch of s'mores cookies. Bake up some regular chocolate chip cookies and when they are close to being done, press in some chocolate candy bar chunks and some mini marshmallows.
- S'mores cupcakes are a cinch to prepare using a boxed cake mix. Frost the cupakes with chocolate, top with mini marshmallows and stick in few Teddy Graham crackers.
- You can also search the web for other yummy s'mores treats such as: brownies, bars, cakes, pies, ice cream sandwiches and more!
For fun and fantastic graduation cupcakes, click here: http://mybudgetland.blogspot.com/2011/05/how-to-make-graduation-cap-cupcakes-on.html